MAKING THE MOST OF DESIGN MARKETS
D’Alton Baker Productions in conjunction with Craft Victoria and Craft Cubed Festival 2018 are proud to present a very special workshop!
Are you participating in any of those massive design markets this coming Summer?
Are you about to have a stall at your first huge design market? Maybe you’re a seasoned pro but you’re looking for advice on taking it to the next level? Are you just doing all of the things and have no time to think about this thing too? Maybe you’re just seeking a little inspiration from some smarty pants type people?
Angela and Renée of D’Alton Baker Productions have had their fair share of experience at major design markets. Both having worked at Leeloo, an original partner of the Finders Keepers Market meant they travelled around the country participating in markets and selling the wares of a range of Australian designers and artists. Since then they’ve worked at Etsy, participated in even more design markets, and then both ended up working at the Finders Keepers Markets too! (Renée still does!).
This August, treat yourself to a little networking with like-minded people, learning some valuable lessons from experienced market “carnies” while enjoying a cheeky glass of something with some cheesy nibbles and friendly conversation.
For just $59 on Tuesday August 21st, from 6pm to 8.30pm, head to Firecracker Event in Northcote for a very special evening with DBP.
Get advice from experts in this field, whether it’s about preparing stock, pricing strategies, visual merchandising, customer service, point of sale solutions or just simply just knowing where to start.
Featuring guest speaker, craft-based designer and author, Kitiya Palaskas, and advice from experienced marketeers, make sure you’re prepared for the seasonal onslaught ahead of the maker industry with some special hints and tips from those in the know.
What topics will be covered during this workshop?
- Why participate? Which markets are best for me? What markets are there for me?
- Optimising your applications to increase chances of acceptance
- Before the market – stall design, product development and stock creation, packaging and presentation, marketing strategies, interstate travel
- During the market – visual merchandising, pricing strategy, customer service, gathering feedback and important customer information, point of sale and inventory management systems, wholesale considerations, in person marketing, market etiquette and the community, capturing content
- After the market – customer follow up, the increase in online sales, newsletter strategies and post-event social media, reviewing and evaluating your systems for next market or application